Dates outside the box:
Just because you’ve married your match doesn’t mean you can stop dating them now. You don’t have even have to spend a wad of cash or leave the house to have a date. Dressing up or trying something new, however, CAN keep your relationship fresh, fun and exciting. Dating helps you remember why you fell in love in the first place, and planning a date for your partner can make them feel super-important. Plus, it’s a great way to get quality time in. If you need a little creativity kickstarter, try these out of the box ideas:
- Penny Date: Hop in the car and take turns flipping a penny. Turn right for heads and turn left for tails. Pick the number of times you want to flip the coin, then flip it at each crossroad until you reach that magic number. Once you reach your destination, make a date right where you are!
- Stargazing picnic: Grab some blankets and snacks. Then drive to a spot away from city lights, lay those blankets out and sit with your partner as you enjoy the snacks, stars and… each other, of course!
- Be a tourist: Find some fun attractions and spend the day exploring your town together.
- Cook a meal together: Hit the grocery store as a couple, find all those yummy ingredients and whip up a delicious meal together. Don’t be afraid to be messy. Warning: Things may get a little hot and spicy... just don’t catch that kitchen on fire!
- Dollar store date: Take $5-$10 each and split up. Find items to use for a date and meet up after 10 minutes. Then create your date using those items, even if they’re silly!
For more information on becoming a Newlywed, get our E-Book: "10 Things Every Newlywed Needs to Know" Download Here